Wednesday, April 11, 2018

PEGGY'S COVE, NOVA SCOTIA

Last Summer we visited Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia. The small fishing village is one of the iconic sites in Canada. I think what makes this place so unique is the magnificent landscape. This was our second visit to Peggy's Cove, when I made quite a few images of the very beautiful rock landscape around the village. So while I am still working in black and white, I decided to post an earlier picture I took on our earlier visit. It is a scanned black and white negative. The film I used was Ilford HP5 which was one of my preferred film types. I like the grain pattern of this film and actually, when I am processing my digital images I nearly always add grain, simply because I like the visual  effect.

2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

great, love the grain too

Mike de Moree said...

Glad you like it Rob. Peggy's Cove is an amazing landscape with beautiful rock formations.