Tuesday, April 10, 2018

NOSTALGIA, DEMARCO'S, NORTH BAY

This North bay landmark has been closed for a few years but many people have very fond memories of this neigbourhood confectionery. I have posted other pictures of this store but they were colour images. This time I am posting a black and white version of a negative I made in the early nineties. Maybe, using the word nostalgia in the title,  refers not only to the actual picture of the store but also to me enjoying working in black and white again. No I am not making the print the traditional way. The computer allows me to get the same result without the use of environmentally harmful chemicals.

2 comments:

David Ernest said...

Mike, are you still using On One program?
I have been thoroughly enjoying your back to black and white movement.

Mike de Moree said...

Thanks David, Yes I still use the onOne program but very recently Adobe released an upgrade for Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw and I have to say it is wonderful, especially if you like to work in black and white. Working with these new upgrades is very intuitive and very close to working in the darkroom.