Monday, October 24, 2011

ABSTRACT, QUEBEC CITY, P.Q

This is detail of a wall I photographed in Quebec City. I always like to photograph abstract subject matter like this beautiful coloured surface. I have a very interesting book by Jonathan Miller, Nowhere in particular. It is a collection of his photographs and his notes on a variety of subjects. His introduction is especially interesting because it deals with what Turner called 'pictures of bits' but , like Miller, I am interested in these negligible fragments and details.

3 comments:

Bob Morton said...

That's neat bunch of "bits".
Together they make a great photograph.

David c.h. Brown said...

Great shot Mike! With Rememberance Day coming up, I like to see the Poppies in this abstract. Thanks, Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Poppies - perfect, Dave. And, Mike, of course!