Saturday, January 22, 2011

COUCHIE POINT, NORTH BAY

David Brown posted a picture of his old Minolta camera and wrote a beautiful and nostalgic comment about his camera. So I started to look back at my old black and white negatives with very similar feelings about my time spent in the darkroom developing film and making prints. Of course I enjoy working digitally but it is not exactly the same. However looking at all my binders full of negatives I think it is a pity to just leave them while there are some really good images hidden in all those files. So this picture is for Dave Brown and also David Ernst who loves black and white images.

3 comments:

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Mike,
I always enjoy your Black & White photos, and this one is no exception. Thank you Sir for the kind comments and link to my blog photo also. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Like a pen and ink drawing - lovcely

David Ernest said...

Interesting comment on darkroom work, Mike. I still do it occasionally. I always found it very relaxing and exciting watching the results slowly emerging in the tray. In contrast, computerized work can be very stressful and aggravating at times, in my opinion. Thanks again for satisfying your b/w clients.