Tuesday, June 01, 2021

BASIN HEAD FISHERIES MUSEUM, PEI

 

Recently I rediscovered a neglected book hidden on my bookshelves. The title of the book is From Darkroom to Digital by the British photographer and writer Eddie Ephraums. While the photography software has greatly improved since this book was published, I still think that the Eddie’s ideas about traditional black and white photography versus digital are still relevant. I agree with him that the computer has greatly enlarged the technical possibilities for black and white photography. I especially got interested in his ideas about toning and I have been experimenting with duotoning photographs. It is one aspect I am exploring and enjoying. 

2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

I love this shot!

John Minkowskyj said...

Great content in this photo.
I like the composition and textures of the grass, boat and sheds.