Friday, February 19, 2021

MINE SITE, PICKLE LAKE, ONTARIO

 



We are under stay-at-home order, which is a good time to search my files for hidden gems. I scanned this negative, which I took many years ago on a trip to Pickle Lake in North Western Ontario. We were driving along a dirt road near a large copper mine. I guess what attracted me was the beautiful cloudy sky contrasting with the textures of the rocks and dirt along the road. The film I used was one of my favourite films Ilford HP5. I still miss working in the darkroom. If you wonder about ofthe height of  this”mountain” well, it was only about 3 meters high.

2 comments:

David Ernest said...

I could hear a Wagner overture behind this dramatic image.

Mike de Moree said...

Tome David, this picture symbolizes the chaotic and turbulent times we live in.