Wednesday, November 18, 2020

FIRST SIGNS OF WINTER

 

This photograph was quite a challenge for me. The original is an old and I mean old, Agfa  slide. This type of film has a pretty limited life span. The colour was faded and showed discolouring on the edges. So, after scanning, I decided to turn the image into a monochrome picture and I am quite happy with the result. I took this picture early on a cold November morning and I like dark moody quality. Then I made some rather subtle changes with a LUT filter, which you can create yourself, to enhance the overal tone of the final image.

2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Good one Mike, I find it quite startling

Mike de Moree said...

Thanks Rob, yes I liked the final result. The original slide was so faded that I could not restore the picture to its original quality. So yes the final result looks vefy good.