Sunday, June 21, 2020

SUMMER TEXTURES



Summer started yesterday, so to celebrate the new season I took some pictures in our garden. The garden is almost pure textures which we enjoy. The garden is predominantly coloured in a wide variety of greens, ranging from light yellow green to a deep forest green. However I decided to render my composition in black and white and yes I think this works quite well. It reminds me of the very powerful images of plants and gardens by the San Francisco photographer Imogen Cunningham.

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Funny that You would post this photo of the various leafy fronds. I was out at 'Sweetmans' photographing the variety of plantings there. I found the same thoughts
going through my mind, photographing the hostas and ferns and the variety of different
leaves. It does work in B & W.

Reid Paul said...

Appreciate yoour blog post