Monday, February 03, 2020

OLD SAWMILL, CACHE BAY

Time to post another picture. Lately I have been going through some of my old negatives and I came across some pictures I took many decades ago. These are the remains of the old sawmill in Cache Bay. It reminded me of a book I read in my late teens by the British explorer Percy Fawcett  and  his quest in finding the lost city Z, as he named it, in Mato Grosso in Brazil. Nobody knows if he ever found it because he disappeared in 1925. The fictional character Indiana Jones was loosely baseed on Percy Fawcett.

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

I like the grittiness of the photo, the concrete texture and grain (noise) in the photo.

David c.h. Brown said...

Great image Mike....so glad to see you posting again. I was getting worried about you. Cheers! Dave