Monday, October 15, 2018

ABANDONED CHURCH REVISITED

After photographing this old abandoned church, I wanted to take pictures later in the season when the trees were changing colour. It was a little disappointing because there were not that many brightly coloured trees around. but I made some fine images. My idea was to create a picture reflecting the feeling of the passing of time. So I used a variety of techniques recreating the old sepia toned pictures with some added colour. The final image is reminiscent of the old autochrome photographs of the early twentieth century.

1 comment:

David Ernest said...

I like your latest picture here, Mike.
I always learn a lot from the descriptions of your technical approach to the scene, coupled with your reasonings for choosing various combinations. A mini workshop in itself.