Wednesday, July 06, 2016

PRINT SHOP, CUMBERLAND HERITAGE VILLAGE MUSEUM

I have been away in the last few weeks but again it is time to post some fresh  images. This picture I made last week at the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum It is a small museum but it also is one of my favourite places to visit.  Walking into the museum printshop is quite a nostalgic experience for me. A long time ago when I was studying at the art college in my then home town I had to take a course in printing, which I enjoyed very much. But just like photography, the printing profession has changed also. Gone are the days of the old lead type and letter presses everything is now all  computer generated. Luckily the skills are still preserved by artist crafts people keep producing beautiful hand crafted books using the old printing methods. 

No comments: