Thursday, March 10, 2016

DRAMATIC SKY, LAKE NIPISSING

It has been a busy week. Last Friday my computer crashed, which took me  a few hours to fix. On Saturday, while taking a short cut through the Kennedy gallery I discovered,to my surprise, that the gallery had a small exhibition on three photographers. There were some very wonderful black and white images by Ruth Thib, Jack Shepherd and some of my colour images. Two of the photographs had faded badly and also had received some water damage. Its a pity they had not informed me but I replaced these images with two digital prints. I still liked the three Lake Nipissing images.. So today I scanned in one of the negatives. The result is not the same as the image in the gallery but I was quite happy with this result.

2 comments:

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Mike,
Wish I could have seen the exhibit. It would be wonderful to see the works of 3 of my photographic mentors. Since Ruth and Jack is no longer with us, it is still very rewarding to be able to still see your works of art on this blog. I still learn from it and thank you. Dave

Mike de Moree said...

Thanks for your comment David. It was actually a surprise for me as well because I did not know that these pictures would be on display.