Monday, January 25, 2016

BOXCARS, DOWNTOWN NORTH BAY

It was snowing yesterday. I like it when the skies are grey and the light is flat. It is the perfect weather condition to create some strong graphic black and white images. So when I looked at the parked boxcars near the downtown parking lot my first intent was to make a  picture just of a very elementary composition of a line of boxcars. However when working on the image today I decided that the added colour just added just that extra component, giving the final result a stronger visual impact.

4 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Great
I love any and all train type photos

David Ernest said...

Nice, Mike. Simplicity sends a lot of messages.
Shades of Freeman Patterson's early work.

Wendy St. Denis said...

Love viewing your photos of North Bay and area!

Chloe said...

It's perfect example of minimalism. Photo touched me a lot.