Saturday, February 12, 2011

OTTAWA WINTER

On my last visit to Ottawa I did not get a chance to go on a little photo tour around town, but one place I always visit is the National Gallery. There were two shows my wife and I were interested in one was an exhibit of the gallery's new acquisitions, which is definitely a show the see. Another was a show of British 19th century photographs. This exhibit was a disappointment for both of us. I think there only a few really great images but overall the pictures were maybe of historical interest but lacked great artistic merit. When having lunch in the cafeteria  I took this picture of a beautiful tree in the gallery grounds. It definitely works best in black and white.

4 comments:

David c.h. Brown said...

Beautiful tones and composition Mike. Really like this one. Thanks, Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Very dramatic!

David Ernest said...

Interesting approach. Makes one pause and ask: "What's going on here?!". Not a shot to be skimmed over.

Dominique said...

I love it !