Thursday, November 26, 2009

GIESLER BOATBUILDING, POWASSAN, ON


Last week, on our photo excursion to Powassan, we visited the Giesler Boat building workshop. Giesler has been building boats since the mid twenties but in the next year or so will be moving to another location. I hope the new shop will be as visually interesting as this place but of course these premises  reflect the rich history of the boat building art in Powassan. Over the next few days I will show some more of my images of this interesting business.

3 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

A great piece of history.

John Minkowskyj said...

A great piece of local history.

Mike de Moree said...

I agree John, it is a pity that the shop is going to relocate because this place is a photographers paradise. I will be posting a few more pictures in the next few days.