Thursday, January 21, 2021

FIREFIGHTER’S HELMET

 



It is quite a lot of fun looking through old files and discovering negatives which I simply forgot about. This negative is quite a few decades old. Actually I took this picture when we just arrived in Canada and I worked for a photographer in Toronto, who did a lot of work for the provincial and federal government. So one morning,on my way to the subway, I passed some firetrucks parked outside an office building. The firemen were busy rolling out the hoses, so of course being a curious photographer I had to take some pictures of course.  I was intrigued by this helmet . You don’t see these anymore and I am certain that they are quite valuable . Thiswas shot using Kodak Trix developed in Agfa Rodinal.

2 comments:

David Ernest said...

I well remember those protective helmets, Mike.
Am enjoying your past photo memories.
Hopefully, you will keep them coming.

Mike de Moree said...

That is my intention David.