Sunday, July 29, 2018

OLD CHURCH, CACHE BAY, ONTARIO

Yesterday my friend Gerry and I made a return trip to Cache Bay. I had visited Cache Bay a couple of times in the last few weeks on a photo trip. But this time I wanted to make some pictures of this old church which has been abandoned for decades. The weather was just perfect, I like taking photographs on overcast cloudy days and both of us had a great trip , which gaves us some very fine images. My idea was to take black and white pictures however I did like some of my colour images. I did end up using the black and white image of this church, as I had intended to do.

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Hi Mike, how was the smoke? I heard it was pretty bad in Sturgeon Falls.

Mike de Moree said...

Not bad when we were there on Saturday Rob.

John Minkowskyj said...

It's sad to see the disrepair to older buildings as they are abandoned.
It does add interest and creativity to photographers in presenting documentation of well-worn decay of buildings over time if they are not maintained. This B & W photo
looks like something out of the 'Exorcist'. The possession has been exorcised but the church has succumbed to the exorcism.