Saturday, September 10, 2016

RESTORATION, ASHTON, ONTARIO

I am still interested in working in black and white. Maybe it is nostalgia remembering the many hours I spent working in the darkroom. Anyway this is a picture I took this Summer in the village of Ashton, which is now part of Ottawa. I remember this house as a rather nondescript building until this Summer I saw someone is doing some major renovations and restoration on this place. Of course I never realized that it was not an old brick house but actually a log building.I am curious to see the final finished product.

2 comments:

David Ernest said...

Lots of mood there, Mike.

Mike de Moree said...

I still enjoy black and white. Of course you can do everything you were able to do in the darkroom but without the trouble of using chemicals which for me ,only connected to septic bed, poses problems. However I do miss the actual darkroom work.