Thursday, August 05, 2010

CHURCH, POINT ALEXANDER, ONTARIO

this weekend i was again back in Ottawa. Did not take pictures but visited a very good photo exhibition at the National Gallery of work by the Montreal photographer Angela Grauerholz. On my way back I stopped to photograph this little Presbyterian church in Point Alexander. As I wrote a little earlier in one of my postings, I got interested in the small wooden churches you find all over the area. However I was not happy with the straight and simple pictures of these buildings and was looking to present them in a more visually interesting way. After seeing Angela Grauerholzer's work I   liked her approach so I emulated her technique in my image you see posted today.


4 comments:

Dominique said...

Well done. Nice place.

David c.h. Brown said...

The simplicity of this little white church makes for a very arresting photo Mike. Love the sepia that places it in another time. Thanks, Dave

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike:
Nice shot. HAve you tried the old United Church in Cache Bay.

Here is a version of mine. No apologies for the liberal Photoshopping.

http://jpgmag.com/photos/2449586

I follow your blog but have never commented till now.

John Buffett

Mike de Moree said...

Hi John,
Thanks for your posting. I remember the church in Cache Bay from the 70s. Jack Shepherd and I would go there regularly to take pictures in the area in and around the town.
Mike